Monday, January 26, 2015

First Graders are growing every day!

Teachers nurture the seeds, and tend to them each day.  Soon our first graders will bloom!  

This week in reading, we have been focusing on the Essential Question, "What changes over time?" with a focus question, "How do plants change as they grow?"

I added this to the Writing Center as an option, A Seed Packet!  You can find it for *free* on my www.teacherspayteachers.com page.  Click here!

I turned the student writing into an adorable hallway display!

I printed flower pot images on 81/2 by 11 paper, them laminated them.  I also printed our book covers and pasted them to popsicle sticks, just like seed packets in a garden!

I just love the last step here... "Then, give the flower to a person that you love!"  It warms my heart to see this writing!



1 comment:

  1. awesome beautiful it takes a special kind of person to be a teacher !!! Sue&josh&laura

    ReplyDelete